Monday, January 10, 2011

Better late than never...

Well, I have been slacking in the posting department, but that's ok because I don't know if anyone reads this anymore. Actually I do because it tells me all my visitors, but anywho.... We had a great holiday filled with family, weddings, surprises, airports, car rides, sickness and much more. It was a great time, but was pretty exhausting.

-We had a fabulous Christmas morning. Noah woke up around 7am, so we decided to open gifts. Little did we know, Noah only wanted to eat and was not interested in the gifts. He ended up throwing a couple of tantrums and was more excited about the wrapping paper and boxes then the actual gifts....what can you do? Tyler surprised me with a new camera! Only problem is it won't arrive til the 14th. He got it at Sears for 1/2 price because they messed up when they marked it or something, so I can't complain!

-On Christmas day, we decided to head off early to Alamo in order to beat a snow storm that was hitting Idaho that night. We took the back way and made it to my mam's house in about 7 hours. Noah slept all but maybe 20 mins. He never cried, and was in a great mood! We arrived about 1am, go there and slept.

-The next day was St. Stephens Day (An Irish Tradition to go to nana's), Mandy and Kim and their families were able to be there! It was great fun. Mandy and Lucas surprised us with the announcement of baby #4. Isla Maeve will arrive in June. Can't wait :) We had a great day, full of laughs, great food and lots and lots of football talk....Yay! not....

-The following day, we flew out of Vegas to Oklahoma via Minnesota to visit Tyler's family and to be there for his grandma's wedding. It was great and we were so excited to be able to be there for it. We love Joe and are so happy for him and Grandma Betty.

-We flew back to Vegas on Jan 2nd. Lucas and Mandy picked us up from the airport and then we pretty much jumped in the car and headed back to Idaho. About 45 minutes later (around Mesquite) we were feeling the side effects of waking up at 1am (Nevada time) after only 3 hours of sleep to head to the airport. We were both struggling to stay awake and I'm still surprised that we made it to Provo where we checked into a hotel. The roads were icy and we had gotten word that the back road inside the Idaho boarder was covered with deer. I'm glad we didn't keep going. I was sick to my stomach when we got there and spent a little time hugging the toilet. I seriously think it was from pure exhaustion. No bueno.

-We arrived home the next day and were greeted with frozen pipes. Awesome. We always pick the greatest times to leave town. I guess it was obviously freezing over the holiday and even some of my friends that stayed in town had frozen pipes. What can ya do? I did my best to thaw out the pipes and am happy to report that nothing burst! Thank Goodness.

-We were immediately back to the grind stone. Tyler was back to work within 20 minutes of us being home and then had 3 home games that week. Good times! On top of all of that, we had a little stomach bug in the house which managed to take Tyler out first, and then me all while Noah was experiencing some chronic diarreah. Nothing worse than having to clean up dirty diapers when you are already sick to your stomach.

-On Jan 5th, we started Noah on a new sleeping program and I am happy to report that after 4 nights, it is working like a charm. I do have to give Tyler most of the credit, because he has been very adament about the program when I have wanted to pull Noah out of bed when he starts screaming. I'm glad we have stuck with it and only hope that I am not jinxing myself by blogging about it :)

-On Jan 9th, we celebrated our 2nd year of marriage. We have been through a lot in just 2 yrs and sometimes I feel like we have been married for 20 yrs, instead of just 2. We had a lovely relaxing day and are ready to bring on the next 50 yrs.

We are excited for this new year. We have set many goals/new years resolutions and can't wait to see what is in store for us this year. We hope you all had a great holiday season and wish you all a Happy New Year!


  1. Sounds like it was a crazy couple of weeks! It's always hard at first to let them cry it out, but so so worth it if you stick to it!

  2. Holy Busy Holiday! Fun you got to see so much family! And I do read your blog, I just don't always take time to comment. Sorry--will be better:)