10. "Hey, Babe" - No, I'm not talking about Babe Ruth. I am obviously referring to the lovely Trudi Matlock.
9. "Oh, crap, I forgot about that. I'll do it right now." - Okay, this is not even close to being a favorite thing to say but it seems I say it so much that I must like saying. What can I say, I'm working on being house broken.
8. "Yeah, stay in bed" - This is usually after I get up to get Noah in the middle of the night. Trudi says, No, I'll get him. And I will say, No, I've got him. And she will say, just let me sleep for 20 more minutes. I know she will sleep right through that 20 minutes! I don't really care though, she needs every bit of sleep she can get.
7. "Noah!! NOAH!!" - Even though he's only 9 1/2 months old, he still manages to sneak away and find trouble waiting for him.
6. "No, it's not that bad at all." - I say this when I change Noah's diapers. Wet ones or dirty ones. I always have to trick myself into saying it's not that bad at all so that I don't throw up on poor little Noah.
5. "NERS!" - So, my family has a thing about calling pets by nicknames, well, not to say Noah is my pet but I gave him a little nickname that I like just fine. Ners.
4. "I'm pushing for 6 ft 5 inches 220 lbs with long arms, good ball handling skills, and shooters touch with the ability to post up" - This is what I say to people who ask how much Noah weighs. Yeah, I answer the question based on my warped fantasy of his basketball career, so what? Who cares?
3. "Truddi" - Pronounced like Truhh-Dee. Trudi mostly despises this variation on her name. However, sometimes she doesn't smack me on the arm when I say it.
2. "Did yooooooouuuuuu teeeeeeeeeep goooooooood!?!?!" - Truddi, I mean Trudi, has been saying this to Noah since he was very little. It rubbed off on me so now anytime he is waking up from a nap or from a nights sleep I ask him this.
1. "This daddy loves this baby and this wifey." - Ahh, presh. It's true, I love my baby and my wife.
Thanks for reading my Top 10 Favorite Things to Say at Home