Monday, March 2, 2009

Grateful!


Yesterday morning I received some really sad and shocking news. I woke up early and just had a feeling to check my mail. It was way early in the morning, but I just felt like I needed to check it. I got an email from a friends husband telling me that my friend had passed away. It was such a shock. I felt like I had been literally hit by a bus. I met my friend Tasche Murray when I was up at BYU-Idaho when I was 18. We were both working at Melaleuca. Tasche, Stephanie and I soon began to hang out all the time. Tasche was from Rexburg, so she had all sorts of connections to the town. At that time in my life, I was having a hard time. I was homesick, sick of school and stressed about life. She helped me through that hard time. She would always get me out of the house and would always have something crazy fun to do. She was such a good friend and hilarious as all get out. The three of us would get into all sorts of trouble together. The three of us friends went our seperate ways. I moved back to Vegas, Steph moved home to Maryland and Tasche got engaged and got married in 2003. My mam, Bev and I drove up to her wedding in Idaho. She was a gorgeous bride and her and her husband were so happy! I lost contact with her, but she found me on facebook about 5 months ago. We quickly caught up and she told me they were expecting twin boys in Fed 09. She was so excited that I was engaged and would give me tons of advice and tips for the wedding planning. She gave birth to two gorgeous, healthy boys 3 weeks ago. This made the news of her death even harder. Her husband blessed their twins yesterday and burried his wife today. Even though this sad news is such a shock....I can't help but be grateful for the knowledge that I have. I know that this same knowledge has and will continue to help her family through this trial. I know I'll see her again!

3 comments:

  1. Trudi I'm so sorry. I wondered yesterday when you posted your status on facebook but I didn't want to pry. I'm sorry for your loss:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a heartwrenching post. I feel for the guy and his babies. It makes you realize how short life really is - I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad. It's such a small world. Britt (Wood) is related and told me about this weekend and was heading up. My prayers go out to her family. So grateful for the Gospel!

    ReplyDelete